Free Patriotic Movement chief Jebran Bassil has said that its old ally Hezbollah can no longer have a military role and has to abide by the Lebanese constitution and rules.
"We had an understanding but it no longer exists," Bassil said Tuesday, accusing Hezbollah of going to a war that was not in Lebanon's interest. "This has greatly weakened our relations, but it is still a Lebanese party and we have to talk to them just like we talk to all the other parties."

Deputy U.S. Special Envoy for Middle East Morgan Ortagus will arrive in Beirut in the coming hours, al-Jadeed TV said Wednesday.
Ortagus had stressed the need to fully disarm Hezbollah and said Washington wants diplomatic negotiations and peace between Lebanon and Israel, but newly elected President Joseph Aoun assured that Hezbollah’s arms will not be removed by force and that normalization with Israel was not on the table.

Prime Minister Nawaf Salam said an Israeli strike early Tuesday on Beirut's southern suburbs was a "clear breach" of a ceasefire that largely ended more than a year of hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah.
In a statement issued by his office, Salam condemned the strike as "a clear breach of the arrangements of the cessation of hostilities" and a "flagrant violation of United Nations Resolution 1701," a Security Council decision that ended a 2006 war between Israel and Hezbollah and served as the foundation of the November truce.

An Israeli strike on Beirut's southern suburbs, known as Dahieh, killed at least three people overnight Tuesday, Lebanese authorities said, after Israel announced its second strike on the country's capital in a fragile four-month truce.
The attack that came without warning at around 3:30 am (0030 GMT) during the Eid al-Fitr Muslim holiday. It came after Israel struck Beirut's southern suburbs, a bastion of Hezbollah support, on Friday after issuing an evacuation warning.

Lebanese authorities said several suspects have been arrested after rockets were fired at Israel earlier this month, testing a fragile November ceasefire.
Lebanon's General Security agency said it had "arrested a number of suspects, and the relevant authorities have begun investigations with them to determine responsibility and take the appropriate legal measures."

Prime Minister Nawaf Salam met Sunday in Mecca with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman after performing the Eid al-Fitr prayer with him at Mecca’s Grand Mosque.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israel is enforcing a tough and uncompromising policy in Lebanon.

Iran has described the "excuses" put forward to justify Israel's attack Friday on a Beirut southern suburb as "completely unjustified and baseless."
Foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei called for "decisive measures" from the international community to address the "lawlessness" of Israel's continual use of military force from Gaza to Syria and Lebanon.

The United States said Friday that it slapped sanctions on a Lebanon-based “sanctions evasion network” that supports Hezbollah’s “finance team, which oversees commercial projects and oil smuggling networks that generate revenue for Hezbollah.”

Deputy U.S. Special Envoy for Middle East Morgan Ortagus said that Friday’s ceasefire violation came from Lebanon and that Israel had the right to respond.
She was speaking to Al-Arabiya TV after Israel carried out an airstrike in Beirut’s southern suburbs, the first since the end of the war, in response to two rockets that were fired from Lebanon.
