Israel's military struck the largest hospital in southern Gaza on Sunday night, killing two people, wounding others and causing a large fire, the territory's Health Ministry said.
The strike hit the surgical building of Nasser Hospital in the city of Khan Younis, the ministry said, days after the facility was overwhelmed with dead and wounded when Israel resumed the war in Gaza last week with a surprise wave of airstrikes.

Israeli officials said an attacker in a vehicle ran over several people at a bus stop in northern Israel before opening fire, killing a man in his 70s.
Police said officers shot and killed the attacker, whose identity was not immediately disclosed. Police referred to it as a terrorist attack, indicating they believe the assailant was a Palestinian militant.

Israeli strikes across the Gaza Strip killed at least 25 Palestinians, including several women and children, according to three hospitals Monday. The strikes came nearly a week after Israel ended its ceasefire with Hamas with a surprise bombardment that killed hundreds.
Meanwhile, officials say Egypt has introduced a new proposal to try and get the Israel-Hamas ceasefire back on track.

Israel's military said early on Sunday it had intercepted a missile launched from Yemen after air raid sirens sounded in several areas across the country.

Israel's opposition leader has called for a general strike if Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refuses to obey a Supreme Court decision freezing the government's dismissal of the internal security chief.

Israel's military pressed ground operations across the Gaza Strip on Sunday, urging Palestinians to flee an offensive in Rafah city nearly a week into a renewed assault on the Hamas-ruled territory.

A Palestinian source close to the ceasefire talks told AFP late Friday that Hamas had received a proposal from mediators Egypt and Qatar for re-establishing a truce and exchanging hostages for Palestinian prisoners "according to a timeline to be agreed upon."
The source said the proposal "includes the entry of humanitarian aid" into Gaza, which has been blocked by Israel since March 2.

France opposes any kind of annexation by Israel of the Gaza Strip or the West Bank, its foreign minister said Friday, after Israel's defense minister threatened to annex parts of Gaza unless Hamas released Israeli hostages.
"France is opposed to any form of annexation whether it concerns the West Bank or the Gaza Strip. We have a very clear vision of the future of the region -- a solution of two (Israeli and Palestinian) states living side-by-side in peace," Foreign Minister Jean-Noel Barrot told reporters in the eastern city of Dijon.

Israel's supreme court on Friday froze the decision by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government to sack the domestic intelligence agency chief, in order to review appeals filed against the dismissal.
"It is hereby ordered that a provisional measure be taken to stay the effect of the decision subject to the appeals until another decision is made," the court said in a document obtained by AFP. It added that the freeze will remain in place until the appeals are presented to the court before April 8.

Israel's defense minister, Israel Katz, said Friday he ordered the military to "seize more ground" in Gaza and warned of partial annexation if Hamas does not release hostages held in the Palestinian territory.
"I ordered (the army) to seize more territory in Gaza... The more Hamas refuses to free the hostages, the more territory it will lose, which will be annexed by Israel," he said in a statement in which he threatened "permanent occupation" of "buffer zones" inside the Gaza Strip.
