Agence France Presse
Latest stories
Trump threatens to 'bomb' Oman, says Iran must 'put up white flag'

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday threatened to bomb Oman if it "gets in the way" of a deal with Iran on the Strait of Hormuz and called for Iran to surrender.

"If Oman gets in the way, we'll bomb the shit out of them," Trump told Fox News journalist Trey Yingst, referring to ongoing talks between Oman and Iran on control of the strait, while Washington is also pursuing its own talks.

W140 Full Story
Yemen risks return to 'full-scale conflict', warns UN rights chief

The U.N. rights chief voiced alarm Monday at the rising civilian toll of escalating hostilities in Yemen, urging restraint and an immediate de-escalation to avoid plunging the country back into a full-scale war.

"I urge all parties to halt immediately any actions that risk returning Yemen to full-scale conflict," Volker Turk said in a statement, as renewed fighting between the Houthi rebels and the government undermined a 2022 truce.

W140 Full Story
Drones launched from Iran attack Iraqi Kurdistan PM's office

Two drones launched from inside Iran targeted the Iraqi Kurdistan prime minister's office and the home of the autonomous region's intelligence chief overnight, authorities said Monday.

"Two Hadid-110 type explosive-laden drones were launched from across the Iranian border toward the private office of the Kurdistan region prime minister and the residence of the Parastin Agency director," the regional Counter-Terrorism Directorate said. "Fortunately, no casualties were reported."

W140 Full Story
Israel vows to go after Hezbollah as it names another killed

Israel vowed Sunday it would hit Hezbollah again if threatened, as it identified what it described as a commander killed in strikes a day earlier that also left several children dead.

Israeli strikes on Saturday killed 11 people in southern Lebanon, according to authorities, in the deadliest attacks since a deal was reached in June aimed at ending hostilities.

W140 Full Story
'Everyone lives in fear': Yemenis worry about return to all-out war

Yemen's years-long civil conflict killed tens of thousands of people, uprooted millions and drove the country to the brink of famine before a 2022 truce restored relative calm. Now, renewed hostilities between the Houthi rebels and the government have many fearing the return of all-out war.

Hodeida native Anwar, a father of two, recalls fleeing the advance of the Iran-backed Houthis, seeking refuge in the city of Mokha.

W140 Full Story
Mass drone attack on Moscow as Russian strikes kill three in Ukraine

Hundreds of drones targeted Moscow on Sunday as Russia launched missile strikes that killed three people and wounded more than a dozen in Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities, officials on the two sides said.

Amid the intense hostilities, three people were also killed in the Russian city of Rostov, while a Spanish NATO fighter jet shot down a drone that crossed into Romanian territory -- the second time in two days that the war has spilled over into eastern Europe.

W140 Full Story
Iran accuses Qatar of thwarting probe into fate of pilots

Iran accused Qatar on Sunday of thwarting efforts to work out what happened to three pilots Tehran says were captured during the Middle East war, though the Gulf state has denied detaining them.

The Islamic republic had previously reported one pilot killed and others missing after a sortie to Qatar in March, but had not claimed at the time that any of them had been captured.

W140 Full Story
Israel says wants 'more serious' talks with Lebanon

Israel wants new and more ambitious U.S.-brokered talks with Lebanon after carrying out deadly strikes targeting Hezbollah, a spokesman for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Saturday.

W140 Full Story
Israel says Ansar strike targeted Hezbollah commander

The Israeli military said on Saturday that its strike on the Lebanese village of Ansar, where authorities reported seven people killed including children, targeted a Hezbollah commander.

W140 Full Story
Hezbollah says Israeli attacks will be met with 'appropriate' response

Hezbollah said that Israeli attacks on Lebanon would be met with an "appropriate" response after deadly strikes on the country's south on Saturday, urging authorities to halt "humiliating" negotiations with Israel.

W140 Full Story